LinkedIn recently added an application to allow you to easily pull in your blog’s feed to your LinkedIn profile. This is a great feature and especially useful if your blog has anything to do with your profession.
Pulling your feed into LinkedIn will not only put more eyes on your work but it also gives potential employers easy access to see how your keeping up in your field of expertise. As an added bonus, having your links published on LinkedIn will also give you a bit of SEO juice.
How to Add Your Site’s Feed to LinkedIn in 5 Easy Steps
- Go to your LinkedIn profile and hover over the “More” link then scroll down and click on “Get more applications”.
- On the applications page scroll down until you see the WordPress application and click on it.
- Check the two boxes to make sure your blog will appear on your profile and on the LinkedIn homepage, then click the “Add Application” button.
- On the next page enter your site’s URL (you can enter the main URL, not the feed. LinkedIn will automatically discover your feed. Now choose whether you would like to pull in all recent posts or only post specifically tagged “LinkedIn”. This is a very cool feature especially if you occasionally write posts that just have no business appearing on your LinkedIn profile.
- That’s it! Click save, go back to your profile and make sure everything is displaying correctly and you’re all set.
This is a great tool for anyone that often shares insights or valuable tips on their industry. Potential employers, clients and even associates can be introduced to your content in way that they may have otherwise not even known was available.