Every blog should have some sort of tool that plugs into each of their posts and allows users to share that post either via email or by publishing it elsewhere.
There are a few reasons why I made the change, both are great plugins and add great functionality to a site. I’ve been keeping an eye out and recently it seems that Add to Any has gotten a few new features that make a better option right now. At least for me.
- Earlier this year, Share This began requiring sign ups and that you be registered in order to customize its features. I’m on enough lists and have enough logins, I don’t really need to add one more just to provide a sharing feature on my site.
- Add to Any automatically integrates itself with Google Analytics.
- Add to Any uses a new smart feature to automagically add services that a reader uses most to the top of the social networks.
- Add to Any has no login required for customization.
- Add to Any has faster, cleaner interface, again with no login cluttering up the widget.
Much of the decision on which tool to use is personal preference. For now, it’s hard to beat the ease of use and features Add to Any is providing.
What’s your favorite site sharing tool?